Knowing how to ride safely also means knowing the laws, rules of the road, and principles of traffic law. It also means ensuring your bicycle is in good working order, how to share trails and sidewalks, and what to do in the event of a crash.
The curriculum offers in-depth details for new and experienced riders on how to ride more safely, confidently, and more often in various terrains and climates. The class consists of a classroom training session as well as an outdoor riding session, to practice your newly learned skills.
The course is taught by League Certified Instructor Kathy Mills.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must provide your own functioning bicycle
- Must bring ANSI-Approved bicycle helmet
- Must possess basic bicycle handing skills
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle traffic laws